Updated September 21, 2022
The Covid-19 Community Spread Risk Level moved to “Medium” on Saturday, August 27. In keeping with our current policy, masks will now be recommended but optional beginning Monday, August 29.
All people using InMotion’s facilities must provide proof of vaccination + first booster. We are not requiring a second booster at this time.
First Booster eligibility current guidance:
- Pfizer: booster eligibility is now 5 months after your last vaccine
- Johnson and Johnson: 2 months after your vaccine
- Moderna: 6 months after your last vaccine
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is making free COVID-19 at-home tests available to every household in the United States. To order your test, please visit https://www.covid.gov/tests
We are closely monitoring the CDC guidelines and we will update any policy changes here.
InMotion Vaccine Policy Change, Effective October 1, 2022
With the availability of the FDA- and CDC-authorized Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna bivalent COVID-19 booster vaccines in September, questions have arisen about InMotion’s vaccine/booster policy. Effective October 1, 2022, the following modifications to our current policy will be made:
1. InMotion will no longer be requiring proof of vaccination prior to attending InMotion programs. However, InMotion strongly recommends that clients, care partners, coaches, volunteers and staff get vaccinated and boosted when eligible. While these steps may not prevent transmission of the virus, they will likely protect you from serious illness and hospitalization.
2. We encourage everyone at InMotion to continue to wear high-quality, multi-layer masks (3-ply, KN94, or KN95) when they are in the building, regardless of community spread risk. Masks continue to be a highly effective weapon against transmission of the virus and can help in keeping everyone in our community healthy.
- Masks will be required in class and in all public areas when the risk of community spread from the virus is “High.”
- Masks will be optional but encouraged when community spread risk is “Medium” or “Low.”
3. If you do not feel well, please stay home to avoid spreading illness and to ensure that you can exercise at your best while at InMotion.
4. If you test positive for COVID-19 and attended InMotion classes during the incubation time (2-3 days before you tested positive) we now require you to let Debbie Rossman know ([email protected], 216.342.4190) so that we can inform other members of our community who may have been exposed. This will be done confidentially.
5. If you were exposed but have no symptoms, we require the following steps regardless of your vaccination status:
- Test 3-5 days from last exposure or if you have symptoms.
- Wear a mask around others for 10 days, even at home.
- If you test positive, isolate. The day you test is Day 0. Stay home for 5 more days. You may return to InMotion on Day 6 and wear a mask for 5 days.