Thursday, June 16
1:00pm – 4:00pm
23905 Mercantile Road
Beachwood, OH 44122
Presented in partnership with Ohio Parkinson Foundation Northeast Region (OPFNE)
Living In Motion is an opportunity for people affected by Parkinson’s disease to learn about InMotion as well as other resources available to them. The event will feature:
- Exercise class demos: Experience InMotion’s evidence-based exercise classes designed to help people with Parkinson’s disease.
- Wellness Education + Support Information: Meet professionals in social work, physical therapy, occupational therapy, nutrition and more.
- Medical + Pharmaceutical Partners: Learn about the latest breakthroughs in treatments for Parkinson’s disease.
- PLUS: Learn how YOU can become an InMotion client and take our classes free of charge. We’re HERE FOR YOU!
EVENT KEYNOTE SPEAKER:
Cynthia Comella, MD
Topic: “New Advances in Parkinson’s Treatments and the Importance of Exercise”
Dr. Comella is a Professor of Neurological Sciences at Rush University Medical Center, Chicago. She is Board Certified in neurology and sleep medicine; expert on Parkinson’s disease, dystonia, and other movement disorders.
A recording of Dr. Comella’s presentation will be available on our website following the event.
- 1:00-1:45PM – Self-Guided Tours, Explore Resource Tables, Class Demos:
- Spinning; Yes, I Can Move!; Better Every DayTM; BEDTM/Boxing/Mindful Movement Combo
- 2:00-3:00PM – Keynote Talk by Dr. Cynthia Comella
- 3:15-4:00PM – Self-Guided Tours, Explore Resource Tables, Class Demos:
- Spinning; Mindful Movement; Drums Alive, Boxing
- InMotion staff members will be on hand to register NEW CLIENTS. Prospective clients will have access to the PARK Test, a web-based platform designed by a University of Rochester researcher team to assess signs and progression of Parkinson’s disease. InMotion is partnering with the team to evaluate and improve PARK’s performance.
Event is FREE, but registration is required.
Online registration is now closed. Please call 216-342-4417 with questions.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccine+booster is required at the door for event entry. Based on current case levels in Cuyahoga County, mask wearing will be required for all attendees. Mask/vaccine policies are subject to change based on current CDC guidelines. InMotion’s mask and vaccination policy can be found here.