Better Every Day™ (BED) is a fitness program that uniquely addresses Parkinson’s disease. BED offers the opportunity for each person to be challenged, with four skill levels designed to assist clients appropriate to their stage of the disease.
BED classes help clients to more effectively perform daily tasks, build strength and confidence, and better maintain their independence by optimizing physical function and helping to delay the progression of symptoms associated with Parkinson’s.
The BED fitness program can help you:
- Move about with ease and confidence in a crowd
- Get out of bed or rise from a chair independently
- Improve handwriting
- Dress independently
- Diminish your worry that stiffness, slow steps, and other symptoms are obvious
- Regain a sense of moving with normality
Our community workout setting is both welcoming and supportive. Classes focus on movement, function, mobility, balance, endurance, strength, challenges and fun. Carepartners are invited and encouraged to participate!
Certified instructor Ben Rossi has been leading classes for over five years in various community locations. He is joined by a dynamic team of certified instructors whose only goal is to help you feel better every day.
Upcoming Better Every Day™ Classes:
We are excited to announce that beginning the week of June 1, 2018, there will be a change in our color-coded system at InMotion. We welcome the addition of a new GREEN level. This level will be added between the YELLOW and ORANGE levels and will accommodate those individuals not requiring wheelchairs, walkers or a carepartner for assistance.
With this change, all current YELLOW participants not requiring this type of assistance will move up to the GREEN level.
Here are the changes as reflected in the new BED class schedule:
Better Every Day™ (BED) New Class Schedule:
- YELLOW BED classes
Tuesdays and Thursday at 2:00 pm
(except the 1st Thursday of each month when there is an Ask the Doctor lecture)
- GREEN BED classes
Wednesdays at 2:00 pm and Thursdays/Fridays at 11:30 am
(except the 3rd Wednesday of each month when there is a speaker)
- ORANGE BED classes
Mondays/Wednesdays, Thursdays 11:30 am
Wednesdays at 5:30 pm
- BLUE BED classes
Mondays and Wednesdays at 5:30 pm (BLUE level may join the ORANGE BED classes)
Below is the new 4-level structure of class participation at InMotion:
- YELLOW For participants who require the use of a wheelchair, walker, or require a carepartner for chair-based programming.
- GREEN For participants who are unable to get on and off the floor without assistance, but do not require a chair or walker and can work out without a carepartner. They meet the required criteria on their assessment.
- ORANGE For participants who can get on and off the floor without assistance. They meet the required criteria for their assessment.
- BLUE For participants who can work out without limitations and are capable of pushing to the max. They meet the required criteria for their assessment.
Upcoming Classes & Programs:
Class sizes are limited, so it is important that you register in advance. Registering also provides us with your contact information should we need to notify you of any changes in scheduling. Click here for a current listing of programs/classes and to register.