InMotion is committed to safeguarding your privacy and personal data. As a nonprofit organization, InMotion operates with a single, urgent goal — helping people with Parkinson’s Disease (PD) feel better every day. InMotion uses the donations it receives to fund programs and services in furtherance of that goal. InMotion also offers digital and non-digital tools for clients, carepartners, families, donors and the medical community to access information on PD and to engage with the community.
What Data We Collect
• Personal information, including name, email address, mailing address and personal connection to PD.
• Platform data, including your IP address, browsing actions and traffic patterns, which is automatically collected through cookies and other tracking technologies as you navigate our website. Our website and other digital platforms also include third-party features and widgets (e.g., social sharing) that may collect data.
• Transactional data, including personal and credit card information, through secure purchases or donations submitted on our financial transaction pages. This information is used to acknowledge receipt of your donation for tax purposes and to include you on InMotion’s mailing list, if you choose to join it. When you send a donation in honor or in memory of someone and request that an acknowledgement be sent to another individual, we will use the name and address of that individual for acknowledgement purposes only.
How We Use Your Data
InMotion and its third-party vendors may use your personal, platform or transactional data to:
• Provide you with relevant information about our programs and services
• Carry out a request or transaction you have initiated
• Analyze trends in user behavior
• Optimize the performance of our website
• Tailor and promote opportunities for engagement to meet your interests
• Improve the technical performance and personalized experience of our website
• For any other purposes with your consent
InMotion does not sell or rent your information to others.
Your information may also be disclosed to comply with a court order, law or legal process.
If you wish, you can modify your internet browser settings to alter which technologies are permitted, but this may limit some functionalities and features of our website.
We care about the security of your transactions and the data you share on our website. InMotion applies industry-standard practices and technologies to safeguard your personal and credit card information. We use high-grade encryption and the secure https protocol to communicate with your browser, which guards against interception of the credit card information you give us. We also employ several different security techniques to protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access by users inside and outside the organization.
The web servers for InMotion are located in a locked, secure environment, and computer systems are maintained in accordance with industry standards to secure information. You should be aware, however, that “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet, and third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications.
Consistent with regulations of the United States and European Union, InMotion takes many technical precautions to keep your data and privacy secure against security breaches. However, there is no guarantee that your information is completely safe from breach of our computer systems and servers. In the event of a breach, InMotion will comply with its regulatory obligations.
None of the content and information on InMotion’s website is targeted toward children under 13 years of age. We make every effort possible to ensure that we do not collect or maintain information on our website from those we know to be younger than 16 unless parental consent has been obtained in writing.
To request deletion of any data collected from you by InMotion, please contact us in one of the following ways:
- Phone: 216-342-4417
- Email: [email protected]
- Postal mail: InMotion, 23905 Mercantile Road, Beachwood OH 44122
InMotion provides an online form to join our communications list. If you have “opted-in” to receive communications, we may send you regular communications, either via e-mail or regular mail.
You will be added to InMotion’s email list if you sign up for InMotion classes as a client or carepartner, or if you register to receive emails via a form or checkbox on the InMotion website. Email subscribers may select to unsubscribe by sending a message to [email protected]. To correct or change the personal information you have provided, please contact us at [email protected].